TXT is focused on the publication of timely, high quality research, to advance the intellectual agenda of science. At TXT we are dedicated to facilitating and improving scholarly communication and our staff are committed to providing the best possible service to our authors. Each of our journals may have its own specific guidelines, in order to publish your article trouble free as an author we expect certain standards when you publish with us, as outlined below.
- There are certain standard guidelines for author on our Author Services website to assist you prepare and submit your article correctly. Please read our Guidelines for author.
- Our‘Guidelines for Authors’pages give clear and detailed guidance for each journal.
- If the journal offers a pre-submission enquiry service, send your abstract first to make sure that it is suitable.
- If your manuscript has been rejected by one journal and you are now submitting it to another, reformat the manuscript as necessary.
- If you are not a native speaker of the language in which you are writing, ask a colleague to read your manuscript before you submit it or consider paying for a translator
- You can contact our Author Services Department to get a prompt answer to your questions. Please email[email protected]
Peer Review Process
- Our rigorous peer-review system ensures that your article will be featured alongside other high quality research papers that describes the most significant and cutting-edge research in their respective disciplines.
- Unbiased consideration is given to each manuscript, judging each on its merits without regard to the race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the author.
- Papers will be reviewed by a number of reviewers and members of the editorial team.
- Delays will inevitably occur when reviewers are busy. As experts in their field, they may have a number of journals sending them papers to be reviewed. Some journals may also receive high levels of submissions throughout the year.
- TXT’s Editorial team are among the leaders in their fields, and are committed to the timely publication of critical, relevant research efficiently. Waiting times can vary depending on the journal and the subject area.
- Editors have sole responsibility for the acceptance or rejection of a manuscript. Whilst an editor may seek guidance via peer review, she or he may reject a manuscript without review if considered inappropriate for the journal.
- We provide dedicated resources as you submit your manuscript, including detailed tracking of your article through the peer-review and publication systems.
- The peer review process must be confidential and rendered anonymous.
- Conflicts of interest must be declared.
- Our open-access model means widest possible dissemination of your work, available freely to all on a public-good basis.
- The interdisciplinary nature of TXT means that your article will be read by site visitors from related disciplines, in addition to your own, and creates new opportunities for cross-collaboration.
- We will actively promote your article. We are committed to ensuring that key researchers in your field are aware of your research, and will promote all content through a variety of methods. If you are among the first to publish in TXT, your article will receive particularly active promotion, and you will also have the opportunity to have an interview with TXT featured on our website.
- We are continuously working to improve the search engine rankings for our journals. Our linking programme extends to many Abstracting and Indexing databases, library sites and includes participation in CrossRefTM.
- TXT is a nonprofit collaboration, ensuring that your submission fees are entirely dedicated toward supporting the publication process.